We are a small but ambitious startup that began life as a consultancy and is now spreading its tech wings with a number of software products. We aim to grow the team and product portfolio so and are looking for the right person to help us do so successfully.
Bimsense is based at the C4DI Hull Campus in the lively Fruit Market along with many other tech startups, entrepreneurs, and established tech businesses. It is a bustling community of likeminded individuals and a great place to learn and grow or just talk tech over a coffee.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be an important member of our software development team working on our digital solutions which tackle various scenarios from the construction industry. You will work alongside our lead developer to help build cloud software solutions by developing new features, fixing bugs, and generally producing quality code and getting stuck into the development process.
the work you do will be visible to stakeholders making this a great opportunity to show what you can do
As well as producing your own code, you will also get to perform code reviews on other developers code which will help enhance your knowledge of the language and the system we are building. Unlike some other roles, you will also be helping to test other developers’ code against requirements.
As we are a growing development team, you will play an important role in helping to define our process and best practice as well as the tools, platforms, and even languages that we use! There is a lot of creative freedom afforded here and the work you do will be visible to stakeholders making this a great opportunity to show what you can do as well as grow, learn, and really contribute to some amazing products.
- Flexibility – work flexible hours to suit you.
- Remote working – Ability to work from home to help manage your work/life balance.
- Pension – Smart pension fully managed and available online.
- Location – When you do come into the office, it is located in the vibrant Fruit Market ideal for socialising and Nibble café and Berts Pizza right outside the building!
- Competitive Salary – We know it is not all about money but we appreciate what you do!
- Be part of something amazing – As part of a small business, you will help shape what it will become and how it grows which is really exciting!
At Bimsense we hire with a “culture-first” approach. It is important to you and us that we fit in terms of the business culture, personality, and enthusiasm for the collective vision we are working towards. Technical skills can be learned with a bit of time and passion.
You may not be familiar with all the tech in our stack or you may bring something entirely new to the team which is great! You will, however, have an aptitude for development and working as part of a team so we request you are able to display an understanding and appreciation of the following:
- Version control
- Code Quality and Cleanliness
- Design Patterns
- Secure Code and Common Vulnerabilities
- Agile Methodology
- Code/Peer Review
If you are already familiar with any of the technologies we use then that is a bonus but this information is here solely to inform you of some of the cool modern technologies we work with day-to-day:
- Amazon Web Services
- Cognito Authentication
- Lambda Functions
- DynamoDB (NoSQL)
- RDS (Relational Database Service)
- ECS (Elastic Container Service)
- AppSync GraphQL
- Dart – Flutter framework for cross-platform app development
- Python – Data-driven API, ML, and AI (Tensorflow 2)
- PHP for our public-facing websites
- NodeJS – Lambda functions
- Management Tools
- Jira – Project Management
- Bitbucket – Source control with git
- Slack – Internal Communication