*We politely ask that employment agencies/recruiters/freelancers DO NOT apply and DO NOT contact us about this role*
With a bold vision for managing the world’s building information to create safer, more harmonious places for everyone, Operance is a ‘proptech’ software developer and services provider creating innovative solutions for customers in the AECO (Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Operations) sector. Following investment, rapid growth and a strong pipeline of work, we are a small, creative, innovative, agile and fast-growing business. With a remote-first philosophy, we have headquarters based at the Centre for Digital Innovation [C4DI], situated in Hull’s tech and social-driven Fruit Market district, but with satellite office space in London and across the UK, enabling us to recruit the country’s best talent.
Best Use of Tech in Property. 3rd Most Exciting Tech Company. 42 Under 42. Most Inspiring Business. Digital Business of the Year.
The Services Team Lead heads up our digital service delivery team and is responsible for the management and delivery of the department.
As Services Team Lead, you are expected to nurture our existing client accounts and build lasting new client relationships and lead a growing, motivated team to support our large estates and construction services customers, delivering quality digital building information modelling (BIM), operations and maintenance (O&M) and common data environment (CDE) information management services. The services team also help organisations train, implement and become certified to ISO 19650 standards.
The services team are also responsible for introducing their customers to our world-first purpose-built ‘golden thread’ O&M software platform. In doing so, your team will enable owners, operators and occupiers to define, curate, access and maintain quality building information throughout their facility’s entire lifecycle, ensuring they increase their return on their BIM investment, comply with new building safety legislation and create safer, more harmonious places for everyone.
We are looking for a competitive, high-energy, motivated individual, who enjoys a challenge whilst acting with integrity at all times to lead our services delivery team, the engine that drives customer adoption of Operance software across the UK and beyond.
Working with the sales, marketing and product development team leads, the Services Team Lead works to help promote the benefits of our information management services and further develop our Operance software to find new ways to better utilise digital building information.
We believe in empowering our people in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone to own their story and their successes – working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine, you have a real opportunity to make a difference and be an integral part of our growth.
Led by our CEO, Ian Yeo, author of Amazon’s best-selling book BIM for Estates, data science and automation enthusiast, this is a great opportunity to work closely with him to develop innovative service delivery tools, products and offerings. Together, you will look to continuously improve the efficiency and added-value of our services team, showcase your skills, form a clear path of personal development and growth, and stamp your own personality on a high-growth business.
The Services Team Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Strategic Management: collaborating with our c-suite, you will contribute to the development of our services delivery team plan for the year ahead.
- Team Management: responsibility for the day-to-day management of the services team, providing leadership, guidance and workload management. Includes meeting regularly with your team members for 1-2-1 feedback sessions and providing personal development growth advice.
- Customer Management: nurturing and developing of our existing customer accounts by building and maintaining relationships to establish new opportunities. Reach out to new organisations via networking, events and digital methods.
- Commercial Proposals: development of services quotes, proposal documents and tender responses. Delivery of client pitches. Supporting our software sales team with wider strategic bids that require services support.
- Reporting: provision of monthly services department report covering both delivery and sales performances against planned objectives and key results (OKRs), proactively highlighting any risks and developing mitigation plans.
- Continuous Improvement: to maintain our reputation for delivering quality information at an affordable price, you will develop new smart tools/templates and repeatable processes, and advise on the creation of software solutions designed to increase service productivity and customer value.
- Budget Management: taking responsibility for the services team budget, ensuring costs are managed and reported regularly.
- Marketing Support: liaising with our marketing team to help create relevant campaigns to generate new customer leads for our services offerings.
- Operance Support: helping our software customers and users define, assign, curate, access and maintain their operations and maintenance (O&M) and golden thread information through our platform and via the use of supplementary tools such as our data template library.
- BIM Management: creating clear strategies and managing processes for clients with a distinct focus on long-term facility management benefits with owners, operators and occupants in mind.
- BIM Coordination: delivering client BIM requirements on behalf of contractors and designers including model coordination, reporting on model development and quality assurance processes.
- Information Management: developing and implementing information standards and information delivery planning.
- ISO 19650 Certification: helping organisations train their teams and implement documentation and processes to achieve certification with 3rd-party accredited partners.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience: this role requires a strong construction or project management background with a minimum of two years of BIM / Digital Construction / Information Management team leadership with client and/or contractor side experience within the past five years. Please do not apply unless you can prove evidence of this.
- Education: Masters in Architecture, Engineering or Information Management and/or membership in a professional AEC institute are highly desirable but not necessary.
- Commercial: demonstrated experience in developing client quotes for BIM and information management services, winning work, managing accounts and supporting sales and revenue targets.
- Tender/Bid Writing: the crafting of highly targeted messaging and content to communicate benefits to our customers within pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) and invitation to tender (ITT) responses.
- Delivery: demonstrated ability to support the delivery of strategic consultancy commissions with a customer-centric perspective that focuses on outcomes and whole-life value.
- Strategy: the ability to craft detailed sales and delivery plans, create delivery processes and manage KPIs.
- Collaboration: ideas, feedback, and suggestions and become the intersection between our sales and service delivery team, becoming a conduit to the market.
- Technology: demonstrated experience in related BIM and information technology applications.
- Creativity: come up with new ideas and ways of communicating our message to customers with demonstrated ability to implement ideas/programs/solutions.
- Communication: excellent relationship-building skills and highly developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and influence potential customers and senior leaders. Collaborative, with strong project management and commercial communicative skills.
- Presentation: confident to present to colleagues, executive-level management, and customers.
- Problem-solving: creative, effective problem-solving, curious, proactive, and strategic. Learning and growth mindset to develop new skills and expand knowledge within different areas of information and data management.
- Strong decision making: working to meet OKRs, you’ll have the autonomy to decide how to get there.
- Motivated: open-minded, considerate, cooperative, strong team player that is vision-driven and self-motivated with the ability to work as a positive, energised and adaptable team member with excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.
If you meet circa 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand that not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
For us, behaviours and brand are two sides of the same coin. How we act internally affects the way we’re perceived externally. Therefore we love to work with people that are curious, honest, innovative, personable and selfless. We also deeply appreciate anyone willing to regularly learn and implement new skills, make decisions through evidence, generate digital assets and solve problems with innovative solutions.
What You Get Back
- Competitive Salary – £48k-£55k per year dependent upon experience plus business delivery-related expenses.
- Bonus Scheme – regular bonus based on sales performance-related metrics.
- Progression – learning and development potential.
- Holidays – 28 days paid leave, plus statutory bank holidays.
- Pension – Smart pension with 3% employer contribution fully managed and available online.
- ⏰ Flexibility – work flexible hours to suit you.
- Location – remote first – manage your work/life balance by working from home, your favourite cafe, hotel, campervan, or at our C4DI Tech Campus headquarters in the vibrant Fruit Market – it’s up to you!
- Be part of something amazing – as part of a small, fast-growing funded venture you will help shape the future of!